Friday, September 13, 2013

Truth



The Dinosaurs Are Coming! The British Hit Gets A More Generic Reboot In This Canadian Series
One thing that I've noticed in looking at television reviews is that many people feel that if they watch a show, it automatically qualifies for a five star rave. I'm somewhat more pragmatic. I watch a variety of TV, not all of it is spectacularly good. In fact, I'd rate the shows I view regularly anywhere from 3 stars to 5 stars (I've even watched a few 2 or 1 star seasons when a program I liked dipped in quality). I'm mentioning this in preface to my comments about "Primeval: New World" because it's a show that I genuinely enjoyed as a lark. If you like dinosaurs, it's a bit of fun to pass the time. If you had the opportunity to watch it for free on SyFy (where it aired), I'd say "go for it." I'm a little more reticent about a full fledged DVD/Blu-ray purchase, however, because I'm not sure if you'd sit down to watch the series more than once. On the plus side: It's fun, lightweight, has an attractive cast, and some good dinosaur effects. Realistically, though, the monster of the...

Love it!!!!
I was a huge fan of the original BBC show and didn't think that the spin-off would be able to compete. But I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Love the actors and off course the amazing graphics. A series worth watching.

It's A Great Television Show. Period.
This spin-off of the fantastic British sci-fi hit, Primeval, which ended after five years, is a terrific continuation. Basically, dinosaurs and other prehistoric creature rampage through Vancouver, Canada by the allowance of fracture in the space-time continuum known as anomalies and a couple of scientists, weapons and animal experts, assisted by the government take charge of the situation and stop any harm towards civilians. Yes, the first few episodes are a bit slow, but after a couple of duds the show sets off creating great plots and interesting characters that build up to a terrific set of ending episodes and one excellent, action-packed, thriller finale that leaves you wanting more. Also, there's two great appearances by Andrew Lee-Potts, Connor from the original series!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment