Gunsmoke - season 8
For me the first 9 years of the TV version are the best. The original cast, and B&W. Within that, the first 6 years are the very best. Most, if not all, episodes are transcribed versions of the radio versions. Unfortunately the scripts had to be mellowed some for the more restrictive TV venue. e.g., on the radio version Kitty is well known to be a prostitute, which many saloon girls were at the time, in remote areas of the West. In the TV version she is made a co-owner of the Longbranch, becoming a business woman. Otherwise, the program is a classic in every way. I intend to get seasons 1 to 9. After season 9, Chester leaves the show, and Dillon is on maybe 3 minutes in many episode - long enough to say "I've got to go up to Hayes City for a week," never to be seen again. That left Kitty and Doc to carry the show, along with an endless stream of new and mostly temporary characters. It's really a different program, and is in color. Another minor problem is that in going to a 60...
glad I ordered....
I love this season......Festus is in a lot of them as a fur trapper and just an all around good guy......love all the Gunsmoke series, but Festus made the show even better.....a must for any fan.....def. recommend this season.......
yay
finally some new releases. I can't wait for more seasons to open up. We have all of them up to season 9 now sooooo, come on with seasons 10-20!
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment